It’s hard to believe another week of Das Build is behind us. Our efforts to maintain our rate of progress were thwarted this week by uncooperative weather. In fact, the steady rains necessitated some impromptu plumbing to redirect the runoff from unfinished roof drains to the exterior of the building. Now three sides of the building appear to have cannons (temporarily) mounted to them.
Despite the meteorological setback, more progress was made on Das Build in the following areas:
– We said our final goodbyes to the tent that served as our temporary showroom.
– Installation of the sprinkler system began.
– Final preparations were made for our first floor, floor pour.
– The second of our four sets of stairs appeared on site, ready for installation.
– The “easiest” part of our roof installation was completed, with much detail work to follow.
– Signs of plumbing were observed on the second floor.
– More work was initiated in the captivating field of storm water management.
All things considered, it was another busy week. However, we are looking forward to a week with more sunshine than clouds, so we can keep moving forward.